I got the idea for this recipe from my friend who made it for us after I had a baby. The original recipe had chicken in it, which is yummy also. I’ve made this recipe with tortellini or raviolli, whichever I happen to have in the freezer.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 4 whole Carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 whole Onion yellow
- 4 whole Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 whole Broccoli bunches, chopped
- 2 cups Green Beans chopped
- 3 whole Celery stalks, chopped
- 2 whole Summer Squash
- 2 tablespoons Bullion (Veggie)
- 1 tablespoon Basil (Dried)
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Coriander (Ground)
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper (Ground)
- 2 cans Tomatoes (Diced)
- 1 package Tortellini frozen
Fill a big pan with about 2 quarts of water and put it on the stove to boil. Next I peel and chop carrots and add them to the water. I continue chopping and adding the ingredients in the order listed. This gives harder veggies, like carrots, more time to cook, and the celery and squash won’t be mushy. If adding potatoes put them in first since they take longest to cook.
Before adding the pasta, check the veggies to make sure they are just a few minutes away from being done so the pasta doesn’t get overcooked while waiting for the veggies to cook. If you aren’t sure that you will chop fast enough, feel free to chop everything ahead of time.
In general I just cook it until the veggies are the texture we like them. Follow the directions on the pasta for how long to cook it.← Go to Article