This recipe is a staple of our family, but we used to eat it with chicken, cheese and sour cream. This is a new twist on our original recipe that is completely vegan. The best part is, our kids like it just as much!
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 whole Onion chopped
- 3 clove Garlic minced
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- 4 cans Vegetable Broth
- 2 cans Tomatoes (Diced) w/ green chilis
- 3 cans Beans black, kidney or pinto
- 3 tablespoons Cumin ground
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Corn on the Cob frozen
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips
- 2 whole Avocados peeled, pitted, and diced
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion and cook until almost tender, then add garlic. Cook for 1 minute more then add celery, broth, tomatoes and beans. Return to a boil and reduce heat to low. Add seasonings and adjust to taste. Simmer 20 minutes.
Stir in corn and cook an additional 5 minutes.
Serve in bowls over tortilla chips and top with avocado and red pepper flakes.← Go to Article